Registration Rules and Regulations
Every Ghanaian citizen living within the country and abroad has the right to be in the National Identification System and citizens who are 15 years and above are entitled to be issued with a national ID card, as required by the law, to provide added convenience and ease when conducting with public sector institutions, civil society organizations and private sector businesses.
- All Ghanaians(living at home and abroad)
- All persons that hold Ghanaian citizenship in addition to citizenship of any other foreign country( dual citizen)
- Registration covers all persons aged 6 years and above
At the registration process, it is required that an individual provides such personal information as Name,Date and Place of Birth, Address (permanent, residential, employment, etc.). The fingerprints and photographs would be taken and any other personal details that may be required.
Information about parents such as their Names, Mother’s Maiden Name, Local and Permanent Address, Date and place of birth, would be requested.
First time applicants
- An applicant has to appear in person
- Original/Copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Or Ghanaian Identity Card of either parent of the applicant or copy of Ghanaian Passport of either parent (where applicable)
- Original/Copy of Naturalization Certificate
Other Information Required for Registration
Every applicant will be expected to provide among others the following:
- Complete personal information on themselves
- Residential address
- The following information would also be required from those who have them ;
a. SSNIT registration number             c. Driving license number
b. Driving license number                   d. Voter ID card number
e. Baptismal certificate